Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12

Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12
I sailed the last leg (8) in 2012 - USA,Nova Scotia,Ireland,Netherlands & UK. Travelling 4,000 miles, approx 22 days at sea, with 4 races in this leg.

Friday 16 October 2009

1 Week Before Bupa Run

Monday 19th October

This is it!!! 1 week to go...until the Bupa Great South Run in Portsmouth, 10 miles or 16.6k! Am I mad? YES YES YES ....and another..YESSSSSSS........geee I'm full of a mixture of al emotions.

Excited, nervous, anxious, happy, sad, can't sleep well as all emotions getting the better of me.


I'm missing, Ida Victor - with whom I met in 2005 when I was very ill and when I was told I had a rare illness. Ida told me, "acceptance is the hardest thing, but when you accept - you can move forward"...and that really helped me with my own diagnosis. Ida lost her battle with Lupus.

I'm missing, Marc Prosser who died earlier this year - so unexpected but his CF took hold of him :( and who was going to be doing this Bupa Run with me.

I'm missing, Melissa Arnold who also suffered from LAM - like I did and never pulled through.

I'm missing, Julie Teed (who had a rare illness) - who I corresponded with in Guernsey - but her call for lungs never came in time.

I'm missing, Lynn Ashton who recieved a double-lung transplant - but sadly died some months after. Lynn was needing a transplant after her lungs got damaged from smoke in a fire incident.

I also miss many other people - but the list is too long to go on. So, as you will realise I'm doing this run...not just in memory of those I miss, not just for the fact that my donor gave me life, but also for the fact..that I'm determined to raise as much money as I can for LAM and help research find a cure for this horrific illness.



Here is the link below - even if only £1.00 - a little will go a long way - thanks x

Justgiving Link

As to my training for this, it was going well up to a point..then I was doing too much and not feeling too well in myself. Quite a few people were concerned about me, and telling me to stop, slow down, rest etc - to which if I'm honest I ignored at first. Then, I really felt pain and I struggled at a running class (2 weeks ago), and knew that I DID need stop! So, for the last 2 weeks until now, I haven't really done anything and just saving all my energy for this Sunday. I have no idea how I am going to do this - it's not easy, and I do still struggle with breathing whilst exercising (some people have seen it for themselves).

Anyways..onwards and upwards. I'm hoping that Imi, will still be able to support me at the run as recently she has been recovering from Swine Flu.

I have had my sports top "edited"......by which I mean on the back I have had the words " I've had a DOUBLE-LUNG transplant" in luminous BRIGHT PINK printed on the back...hahaha.....so I'm hoping some random strangers on the day..will pat me on the back and keep me going with words of encouragement...x x x

Right...that's it for now..have a happy week everyone. Keep well and smiley...and if you do donate - thanks sooooo much,

Jussie over n out. Much love to u all x x x

1 comment:

  1. Its really heartbreaking to read so many lost lives...I know that its ur memories of them and knowing what their hopes and dreams were is what drives u so much to achieve. My gosh, you so have smashed it!! Keep going gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger