Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12

Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12
I sailed the last leg (8) in 2012 - USA,Nova Scotia,Ireland,Netherlands & UK. Travelling 4,000 miles, approx 22 days at sea, with 4 races in this leg.

Tuesday 1 May 2012

4 weeks to go #Goodbyes & #Hellos - What to Expect From my #Sailing

So it's the 4 week countdown to #sailing around part of the world in the #Clipperrace.

Goodbye to:-

comfort
luxury
roast dinners
fresh fruit/vegetables
nice clothes
glamour
makeup
nice curly hair
showers/baths
warmth
heating
comfy double bed
friends
family
part time work
badminton
shot putt
discuss
gym
lazying about my flat
sleeping when I want/need too
my own tea/coffee
Starbucks! decaf skinny lattes and frappucinos
Indian & Chinese takeways
daily newspapers
hearing the birds sing
shopping
TV
cinema
going for a walk ;)
facebook + twitter :(

and the list goes on and on!!!!!!

Hello to:-
no luxury
sailing clothes
waterproofs and base layers
no makeup/no glamour/no nice clothes
frizzy/knotty hair
back to basics
wet wipes instead of showering!
no privacy
cold
my Gauss sleeping bag and small bunk space
getting to know the crew more and skipper
work as a watch system - 4 hours on/off
sailing regime as exercise
no lazying about unless quiet watch
sleeping when dictated to (4 hrs)
tea/coffee onboard yacht - no way Starbucks or home quality
pasta, rice, carb meals - no healthy foods - just carb/energy foods
tinned/packet foods
news - just satelitte/radar watch news
seeing dolphins/sharks
no TV/cinema..lol
elements of the sea/weather
mental and physical challenges
sleep deprivation
mood challenges if tired/hungry
bruises from working on deck
excitement
fear/scaryness when weather/sea very bad
swimming in the ocean ;)

and this list goes on and on!!!!! I'm sure there is lots more to add, but it will give you a feel of what life will be like for my duration. No way easy and something I am ready to face!  Goodbye the Jussie who likes to doll up - time to dress down and work hard as part of a team.

I am looking forward to seeing different countries and making new friends. I fly out with my friend, Wend also in the race on another yacht  and we will enjoy sightseeing, and eating LOTS before setting sail. I have also been in contact with other ladies with LAM and hope to meet them in New York too (and some other friends). So, it will be all good vibes and fuelled up with burgers/waffles/cheesecake  as a nice energy fat layer.

Am I mad?? Yes...... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger