Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12

Jussie sails with Clipper 11-12
I sailed the last leg (8) in 2012 - USA,Nova Scotia,Ireland,Netherlands & UK. Travelling 4,000 miles, approx 22 days at sea, with 4 races in this leg.

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Goodbye England - Hello World #last blog on UK soil

Can't believe the time is now! My time has come, and double-lungs will soon be sailing around part of the world.

I fly to New York 1st June, and start from 4th helping on the yacht and then set sail on 7th June.

It's amazing how much organisation has been required, making sure all relevant paperwork sorted, tablets (over 1,200), clothing and packing done effectively. It's true to say I have been feeling a tad overwhelmed by all of this, and at times stressed. My little lounge has been hit by an attack on the lets create havoc and chaos....arghhhhhh!!!! Over and over again. And my system of organising clothing in freezer days, then dry bags - failed at the last hurdle. All the bags within the dry bags took up too much room in my holdall. So, after removing all freezer bags - then vacuum packing, I can close the waterproof bag! Just means, I will need to sort in New York instead.

This is probably a small process to a part of the bigger process. Someone did make me chuckle when I mentioned how difficult sorting all my medications was.....'you haven't sailed the Atlantic Ocean yet' Oh yer..lol..that's true ;)

Everyone has been brilliant with constant support and it really helps. I hope doing this is not only a challenge for me, but also that it does raise awareness on Organ Donation and Lam Disease, aswell for the Clipper race itself. My Just Giving link will be ongoing for the duration I'm away



And whilst you are having your daily day to day regime, please think of me working through all weather/sea conditions and digging deep when times are hard. So, any donation will be gratefully appreciated :) Thank you xx

My emotions have still been all over the place......but now I am starting to unwind and I'm sure when I arrive in New York for the first time, I will feel like doing cartwheels whilst having every yummy flavour ice-cream in the biggest cone. Followed by a burger with every topping and see the sights for a couple days before I help on Edinburgh Inspiring Capital (yacht I'm sailing on). I am also excited to see existing Clipper crew/supporters that I have made friends with.

I have been organising/liaising with friends via social network sites who I have been in contact with to meet whilst in NY. I am very excited to meet my 'Lam Sisters' (which is a term we all call ourselves with Lam disease, as not many of us, and we are like family - no matter where in the world). These lam ladies I haven't actually met and will be wonderful to chat and give each other support and they see me as some kind of role model as always fighting and surviving.

I will be meeting a couple other friends also, who I have met before when they came to the UK, and now will meet again in their homeland, Kate' Ducky' and Emily.

Not sure what else to say - please keep well everyone. And to my friends still waiting for transplants, I hope you don't wait much longer!
I could just continue to waffle, but, I think I have said enough. And 1 more day to finalise last bits to do.

So farewell everyone - lotsa love to you all's

And I leave you again with my motto I stand by..."always smiling and always will"

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger